Thursday, September 19, 2013

Increased Spiritual Activity

These comments come from Brett Carlson who is an elder at Wintonbury Church (posted by Andre):

Making a commitment to the Lord to “fast and pray” for the 40 day season (and by God’s grace alone, keeping that commitment daily) I have noticed INCREASED spiritual activity in my life. As you possibly are aware, I have a passion for prayer and that discipline has been fruitful over the last 12 years; adding the “fasting” element is taking me to a new place.

The spiritual activity I am sensing from the enemy is very real (In-my-face stuff, accusations, spiritual finger pointing, brief episodes of feeling hopeless, without direction and it goes on and on). God is in control and He is reigning even though my “feelings” which are irrelevant, mean nothing. Truth is truth and I will leave it at that.

Over the last few months (through prayer and asking for deeper insight from Him) the Lord has alerted me to share some “concerns / possible direction” with the body. As circumstances and people present themselves, in God’s timing, I have shared this concern.

This is a good concern, this is a powerful concern and I believe it has stirred up the attention of the enemy. If I stop sharing, he, the enemy wins. If I continue to share he loses and his kingdom will be impacted greatly over time. Amen.

For those of you reading this 40 Days of prayer and fasting highlight this season, I am experiencing the same spiritual attack as back 12 years ago (I shared the details with all of you at Easter this past March) as I drove to the Stonington Clinic when I needed some help. Accusations, in my face, belittling comments, just downright evil from the depths of hell are real. I was going through a season of my life where the Lord was re-equipping me for Kingdom use then (praise the Lord as some buds are budding I think) and here we are again.

As the INCREASED spiritual activity just described is from the enemy, the Good News is that the Lord has been increasing His spiritual activity as well.

Having a “heightened awareness of what is really happening and a keener sense of discernment is truly a gift from above. As the days go on and the awareness of Jesus Christ is being proclaimed all over the state of Connecticut, the battle will go on.

Some of you are aware of this activity and we need to pray earnestly for each other and the leaders of these involved churches each day. On one occasion this week, my wife Tammy prayed over me and God granted me relief from this oppression. Just yesterday, my brother David Paul prayed with me after our men’s group in my office and my brother David Blough prayed with me and for me over the phone. Prayer is the key, my friends; please pray as if our lives depend on it and in reality our “spiritual lives” do depend on prayer.

Be “Pre-Prayered”.
  
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. ~Deuteronomy 31:6

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, Brett. Your honesty as someone who has traveled a challenging road and your experience in the trenches of the battlefield of prayer, make for a powerful message of warning and encouragement.

Amy D. said...

So with you in the trenches as we watch the increased activity in our world as well. The awareness that listening prayer brings has been a source of comfort and strength to keep on in the midst of the enemy's attacks. II Chronicles 15:7 Be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.